Monday, January 7, 2013

Movie Reviews



So over the winter break I was able to catch up on seeing a few movies that I have been wanting to see. I saw This is 40, Silver Lining Playbook, Skyfall and The Impossible. I thought all of them were pretty good and worth seeing when you have time…maybe not in the theater but definitely worth a watch. Here are my thoughts…

This is 40
I really liked the idea of bringing the two supporting characters back from Knocked Up. But this movie ran a little long. I thought it was pretty funny but 2hrs and 15min!!! COME ON!!! My biggest complaint about the movie (spoiler alert???) was that part of the story was that they were having financial problems and talking about selling their house. But while they were doing this they were driving a BMW and a Lexus…how about you sell the dang cars first?!?! That just didn't make any since to me.

Silver Lining Playbook
I really liked this movie! I thought it was cute and funny and I love Jennifer Lawrence! I like that if you get down to the bottom line, the movie is about how your soul mate should even you out and make you better, in this case, make you not so crazy.

Skyfall
I thought it was good and action packed (like all James Bond movies)! I loved all the places they filmed too, Turkey, China, Japan, UK and Scotland. I am interested to see what is in store for Bond next!

The Impossible
The amazing true story of one family’s survival of the 2004 tsunami that took 230,000 people’s lives in Thailand, Sri Lanka, Indonesia and 11 other counties. I really hope the actors get an Oscar for this, it was an amazing movie!

What movies have you seen lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...