Monday, September 23, 2013

Pinspiration

Hope y'all all had a great weekend! This months pinspiration I have been working on for about a month. It only took me so long because we had some rain on the weekends and I couldn't get outside to sand this dang table.

I wanted to try making my own chalk paint. Chalk paint shouldn't be confused with chalkboard paint, they are not the same thing. Here is the original chalk paint and why its so awesome, the first being you don't have to sand or prep the item. The reason I tried to make my own was because they didn't have the color I wanted...deep purple. Well turns adding water and plaster of paris into the paint didn't make it so deep anymore, oh well. I used a recipe found online:

2 cups paint
1/3 cup plaster of paris
2 tbs of water.

I sanded the top of the table to see how it would look with paint and I didn't sand the legs to see how those would look. Well I didn't like the way I would of had to do 2 coats on the legs if I didn't sand.

Anyway...here is the final product.


Happy Pinning! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...