Friday, April 11, 2014

Flight to Amsterdam

Hey y’all! I took Monday off because I was tired from the 11 hour flight home and then we had to drive to pick up the pups from my parents.

I bet you’re wondering how our trip was! Well I’m going to take it day by day and maybe have a few breaks in-between for editing and going over some pictures.

I’m going to start this blogging journey with our flight to Amsterdam. We used rewards points so we had a few stops. We started in Houston and flew to Dallas, then went to Frankfurt and then made it to our final destination, Amsterdam.

We flew Lufthansa Business Class and it was nice! I don’t think I can go back to sitting economy for long distance ever again! We had an updated aircraft so everything was new. We enjoyed out preflight cocktails, before dinner drinks, appetizers, main course and dessert. After all that we settled in for some sleep by reclining our seat into a flat bed…oh so nice! My only complaint here was that the seats made a noise when you moved them and even with earplugs I could still hear everyone adjusting their seats.




We woke up and had some breakfast before landing … you sure get a lot of food up in Business and First Class.

We made our way through the passport and security checkpoints and I will say that they were very rude to us as we went through the security checkpoint. Both Matt and I got a pat-down.

We made it to our connecting flight and on board we were given another meal! Their shorter flight business class consisted of a row of three seats but no one sat in the middle seat. 


When we landed we had about an hour and a half before our free transfer to the hotel. We opted to take advantage of that instead of wasting money on a taxi, bus or train.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...