Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Extreme Travelers

My last three posts have all been about baby, so now let’s go back to travel.

This couple has driven their 1999 Dodge Intrepid through every single county in the lower 48 states. There are 3,108 counties if you didn't already know that (I didn't). They have also made their way up to Alaska and plan to ship the car to Hawaii to complete the U.S’s full 3,142 counties.

{Jon and Jenn RiehlSource}
Their current plans are to finish visiting Alaska and then make the trip to Hawaii (which I know they will love) but I’m not sure how they will ship the car from island to island but where there is a will there is a way right?!

To date they have put 540,000 miles on the ol’ Dodge that was bought used back in 2002. I am a little impressed with the Dodge but not surprised. I have had two vehicles in my life and both have been Dodges. My first was a Dodge Ram 1500 and it was a great truck that was passed onto my brother. It served us both very well through high school and college. And now I have my little Dodge Caliber that only recently needed a big fix with its fuel injection. But its running great now and I hope to get a good 5 more years out of it.

{the green depicts when they visited the county seat, Source}
Have you ever wanted to take an epic road trip? What is the longest road trip you have taken? Mine was back in 2013 when my friend and I drove to Destin, FL from Houston, TX.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...